Sunday, August 2, 2015

I WON THE WAR on my BOXES!

My summer has been filled with a lot of decluttering - my eldest, Courtney, got married in April and subsequently moved out of our home.  That kind of kicked off a whirlwind of "thinning out"...the other two girls traded rooms and we had their rooms emptied right down to the carpet. In the process they decluttered. That was followed by a used book sale and then by our garage sale.  Either during this process of after we cleaned up the garage, the craft area, the office and such.  Ultimately I had to face the "BOXES" .... some of you know what that means.  For those who don't, when company comes to my house I often fill up paper boxes with leftover paper and other "odd items" (see pic below) and put them in my room or my office.  There were 7 of those boxes in my bedroom with papers dating back up to 10 years.  I had several more in the office.  NO MORE!  They are all gone. It took 2 weeks to go through all the paper and 3 days to deal with the stuff on this here table. 

 And below you will see the little desk in between my refrigerator and my pantry. It has looked like this for ALMOST 4 weeks!  I think I may have tackled and overpowered the "paper monster" that was living on there.  Check back in a month and see how I'm doing!

Now that I have 95% of that stuff dealt with it is time to work on SCHOOL planning!

2 comments:

Shelly said...

Wow! Wow! Wow! I know all about those boxes and I'm so very proud of you!!! Nice work. I'm doing a little reorganizing in prep for the new school year right now too.

Anonymous said...

I'm SOOOOO proud of you :) <3